1. You need to configure EFS on a client’s computer. What would you enable on the computer to be able to unencrpyt files if the user’s private key has been deleted?
2. You are in the process of troubleshooting a Windows XP Professional installation and you need to verify that all the actions have been taken during the setup phase of the installation. Which of the following log files will contain this information?
3. You have just installed Windows XP Professional on a new system and the system contains a new SCSI controller interface which is not on the HCL. The system’s manufacturer has provided a driver to be used during the installation. You tried to install Windows XP Professional following the normal installation routine but each time the system restarts, the installation stops. It seems the system cannot access any of the SCSI drives. What should you do to load the new SCSI driver during the installation of Windows XP Professional?
4. A PC Tech in your company had to install several new drivers from Microsoft and a third-party driver installed without him realizing it. The new third-party driver has caused problems with the Windows XP Professional workstation he was working on. He calls you at the help desk and asks, “Why didn’t the system warn me when I installed the third-party driver?” Which of the following should be your response?
5. While working as the company network tech you install Windows XP Professional on a laptop computer for a salesman. Out of the box the laptop is configured with both a modem and Ethernet PC card. In the office salesmen normally use their computers in a docking station. They use their computers without the docking station at home by using a power adapter to conserve batteries.
While traveling, they create and edit sales invoices. Occasionally some of the salesmen complain that the battery power in the computer does not last as long as they would like it to. You need to configure the laptops to better conserve battery power for sales trips. Which of the following could you do?